Lewis Maday-Travis is a middle school science teacher, equity facilitator/trainer, and consultant based in Seattle, Washington. Since the beginning of his teaching career, he has lived in 10 different states, both in traditional classrooms and in experiential, outdoor settings.
Lewis offers training and facilitation for teachers and organizations focused on a wide range of topics, including:
- Beginning equity work in the classroom
- LGBQA & Gender-inclusive curriculum design
- Supporting LGBTQIA students and staff
- Courageous conversations and dealing with conflict
- Getting the most out of student-centered feedback and iteration
This website and blog is one branch of Lewis’s dedication to learning about and sharing his ventures into scientific inquiry, encouraging play, and integrating social justice and identity into the work of a science teacher. Look around, adapt and adopt, and share widely!
You can email Lewis with feedback, questions, and new resources at email@example.com.